Denver Human Services works to protect Denver's children, youth, adults, and elders by providing services and advocacy while promoting family stability, respecting diversity, and working to create and strengthen connections to community resources.
We work to prevent abuse by providing education, resources, and support to parents, families, and community organizations.
Child Abuse Prevention Month Mini-Grants
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to raise awareness about preventing child abuse and neglect across the country. The Prevention Services program at Denver Human Services is dedicated to creating awareness about this important issue and to finding ways to prevent child abuse and neglect from ever occurring.
Denver Human Services is proud to announce the following organizations as the 2015 Child Abuse Prevention Month Mini-grant awardees.
- Central Presbyterian Church (Partnering with Central Visitation Program)
- Clayton Early Learning
- Creation Options
- Denver Indian Family Resource Center
- HOPE Center
- Praise Center Church
- Redeeming Love Fellowship Church
- Somali American Community Center of Colorado
- Southwest Denver Coalition
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
- St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church
- Sun Valley Youth Center
- The Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center