- Date: Thursday, June 4th, 2015
- Location: Cory Elementary School, 1550 S. Steele Street, Denver, CO 80210
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Agenda: Presentation from OIR Group, Consultants on the Denver Sheriff Review Team and Open Mic for Questions and Public Comment
Third Quarter Public Forum:
- Date: Thursday, September 24th, 2015
- Location: To Be Decided but it will be held in SW Denver
The COB is comprised of seven volunteers appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Denver City Council. The COB is part of Denver’s civilian oversight of law enforcement. It meets regularly with the OIM, Director of Corrections, Police Chief, and Manager of Safety in order to engage in early and proactive involvement in monitoring public safety issues. The COB has the jurisdiction to evaluate and make recommendations regarding Police and Sheriff policies and procedures, and evaluates the effectiveness of the OIM program.
By ordinance, the COB must hold at least three public meetings each year. The purpose of these meetings is to allow the public an opportunity to address issues of concern in their communities. The COB will take this information into account when formulating policy recommendations with the intent of improving the services provided by the safety departments.