Response & Plans
The Denver Department of Public Health & Environment is coordinating with other local public health agencies, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our goal is to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to the public.
Long-term Citywide COVID-19 Recovery Action Plan
Denver's Citywide COVID-19 Recovery Action Plan defines the objectives and strategies for pandemic recovery efforts. This plan supports public health and emergency plans and lays out coordinated objectives and tasks to support long-term recovery for the whole community. The Recovery Action Plan is a working document and an updated version will be posted here every month. Public feedback is welcomed and can be sent to COVIDrecovery@denvergov.org.
Read the Denver Citywide COVID-19 Recovery Action Plan(PDF, 2MB)
COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
Denver is committed to a fair and organized response to support residents receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Denver’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan is a three-point strategy:
- Supporting community healthcare providers
- Filling gaps in the healthcare system with reliable community vaccinations sites
- Using teams to get the vaccine to community members who may not be able to get to a site
Read the COVID-19 Vaccination Plan(PDF, 651KB)
Disclaimer: If you are unable to read any portion of these documents and need assistance please contact us at COVIDrecovery@denvergov.org.
Current Public Health Orders
Last updated: Dec. 28, 2021
The City and County of Denver has issued a number of public health orders to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Denver and, ultimately to save lives. Under current public health orders, there are vaccine and face covering requirements for specific personnel and in certain settings in Denver.
Additional Plans & Previous Public Health Orders
- City and County of Denver COVID-19 Action Plan(PDF, 453KB)
- City and County of Denver: Emergency Operations Base Plan(PDF, 4MB)
- Public Health Order Adopting the State Safer at Home Order(PDF, 190KB) - 5/6/2020
- Read the Full Stay at Home Order (EXTENDED 4/24/2020)(PDF, 404KB)
- Stay at Home Public Health Order(PDF, 450KB) - 3/26/2020
- Amended Public Health Order(PDF, 550KB) - 3/20/2020
- First Public Health Order(PDF, 455KB) - 3/16/2020
- Official State of Emergency Declaration(PDF, 721KB)
- Language Translations for Public Health Order
- Public Health Order(PDF, 210KB) - Adopting CDPHE Public Health Oorder 20-38 Nov. 12
- Outdoor Event Guidance from Denver Department of Public Health & Environment(PDF, 135KB) - April 21, 2021
- Face Coverings Public Health Order(PDF, 223KB) - amended May 15, 2021
State of Colorado: COVID-19 Additional Information
For Questions Related to Essential Activities, Essential Travel, and Essential Business/Operations please visit the State of Colorado Website below:
State of Colorado: Public Health & Executive Orders Resources
Still Have Questions?
If your question isn't addressed here, please call 720-913-1311 during normal business hours:
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need assistance outside of business hours, you can email us at: email@example.com
Want to keep up with news and information from the City and County of Denver?
Get updates from the City and County of Denver about news, events, service updates, and critical information on topics like COVID-19.