Weekly compost collections will begin in July 2023. Service will be phased in by trash district every couple months as we get through the city. Gradually phasing in our weekly compost service will allow us to better educate and coordinate with residents, mitigate contamination, and allow our collection routes to grow with the service. We will reach out directly to residents within each district before their service begins with resources to help them prepare. Until compost service begins, no action is needed, residents will continue to receive the Phased Service Roll-out Credit on their invoice.
If you are a current compost customer or not filling up your trash cart on a weekly basis, here's how to downsize your cart:
1. Manage your cart through your Denver Utilities Online account
2. Request a cart exchange online
- Select Category: Trash/Recycle/Compost Collection or Cart Issue
- Select Upsize/Downsize Cart
3. Request a cart exchange by calling 311
4. Exchange in person at the Cart Maintenance Facility:
2013 South Osage St.
Denver, Co 80223
Residents MUST bring their current cart to swap at the Cart Maintenance Facility