The Denver Police Department is looking for teens who are interested in volunteering during the summer, working alongside Denver police officers and professional staff for the betterment of the City and County of Denver.
- Must be attending high school in the 2021-2022 school year
- Must be between the ages of 16-19 as of June 14, 2022
- Must complete the application and background check process to include:
- An NCIC/CCIC criminal background check and driver’s history
- Two letters of recommendation from adults familiar with the applicant
- An in-person interview
- Complete at least 20 hours of volunteer time at designated DPD Volunteer Activities prior to August 8th.
It is also strongly encouraged that teens attend the Denver Police Teen Community Academy scheduled for Saturday, May 21, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm as well as the program graduation on Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
Volunteer Opportunities will include working alongside DPD Officers in:
- Graffiti Removal
- Denver Park Clean-ups
- Crime Prevention Education
- Counterterrorism Training
- Community Outreach Events
Program Graduates will receive:
- Official program completion certificate
- Letters of recommendation from DPD Staff
- Volunteer experience for college applications
- Training Certificates
- Hands-on experience for resume building
If you are interested in applying for our Teen Program please fill out an application: http://bttr.im/anydq
Applications must be received by the VIPS office no later than Sunday, April 24, 2022. You will receive a confirmation via email once we have received your application. Should have any questions or concerns you may reach us by phone at
(720) 913-6877 or email DPDVIP@denvergov.org.