Activities & Programs
As of November 24, 2021: Due to a new public health order announced by Mayor Michael B. Hancock, all individuals two (2) years of age or older must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth in all public, indoor spaces including Denver Recreation Centers. It is not required to wear face coverings while in a swimming pool and actively engaged in a pool activity. Learn more about the Public Health Order.
Youth Sports provides a fun, energetic atmosphere for kids ages 5-17. Learn the fundamentals of numerous team sports including basketball, volleyball, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, coach pitch, t-ball, cheerleading, and gymnastics.
Frequently Asked Questions: Online Registration
How do I register for an activity?
Answer: Registering for activities is easy!
1. Sign-in to your online account.
2. Click on ‘Activities’ at the top of the account page.
3. Search and select the activity in which you’d like to enroll.
4. Select which participant is enrolling.
5. Answer all required questions and initial all required waivers
6. Review fees and proceed to shopping cart.
7. Review your shopping cart and acknowledge the electronic transaction waiver by clicking the box before proceeding to check out.
8. Enter credit card and billing information or use previously saved information Visa, Mastercard, and Discover/Diners are accepted.
9. Once payment has been approved, your receipt will be displayed, indicating enrollment is complete. A copy of your receipt will be sent via email.
Can I view activities without registering?
Answer: We recommend using the online activity guide to browse through
all recreation activities—find the guide at denvergov.org/Recreation. You can also browse through activities on our online service center without registering or signing in. Click ‘Activities’ at the top of the webpage to view our offerings. DPR’s online service center can also be found at denvergov.org/Recreation.
What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is full?
Answer: If the activity is full, please add the participant to the ‘Waitlist’.
Staff will contact you if spots become available. You can also check the status of the waitlist by contacting the recreation center where the activity will be held.
My child is younger than the minimum age for an activity. Can I still register them?
Answer: Participants younger than the minimum age listed will need Department approval and must be enrolled by program or recreation center staff—age exceptions cannot be enrolled online. For questions, please contact program or recreation center staff.
I'm receiving incomplete errors and cannot complete the checkout. How should I proceed?
Answer: Ensure the browser you are using is Google Chrome (recommended) or Internet Explorer on a laptop/desktop. Safari, Firefox and mobile devices are not fully compatible with DPR’s online service center. Additionally, check that all waivers and questions are completely answered/acknowledged.
What is the difference between 'Save for Later' and 'Waitlist' buttons?
Answer: ‘Save for Later’ bookmarks certain activities into one compiled list.
Adding activities to the ‘Save for Later’ list does not guarantee enrollment.
‘Waitlist’ means the activity is full and not accepting additional participants.
If you interested in an activity that is full, add the participant to the waitlist and staff will contact you if spots become available.
How do I cancel an activity registration?
Answer: Activity cancellations must be completed by Recreation staff. Email PR_OnlineServiceCenter@denvergov.org or contact the recreation center at least seven (7) days prior to the start date of the activity for a full refund. Other refund policies noted on the receipt may apply.
What is the Refund Policy?
Refund Policy for programs and activities (excluding outdoor recreation programs):
- DPR reserves the right to cancel/postpone any program/activity due to inclement weather/low enrollment
- A full refund will be given if a program/activity is cancelled by DPR
- Cancellation and full refund permitted up to 7 days prior to start*
- Cancellation and full refund (credit to DPR customer account only) permitted within 6 days prior to start*
- No refunds issued after activity/program has started
- *select activities excepted (noted on receipt)
Refunds may occur via:
- Credit Card (if same card is used for original purchase)
- Check (allows up to 4 weeks for processing)
- DPR customer account (credits forfeited after 1 year)