The Overnight Parking Program was developed in response to requests from area businesses and residents who have asked for this option for years.
Street sweeping operations and old meter technology prevented this type of a program from being implemented in the past. New Smart Meter technology and a new street sweeping schedule now allow for the Overnight Program to be implemented downtown.
Overnight Parking Rates and Times
- Parking from 10:00 P.M. – 2:00 A.M. will be $1.00 per hour.
- Parking from 2:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M. will be $0.50 per hour.
- Parking between 6:00 A.M. – 8:00 A.M. will be free.
- Vehicles must be moved 100’ after two hours if they park between the hours of 8:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. (It is has always been a requirement that vehicles move 100’ after the posted time limit has expired)
- The two‐hour parking limit rule will end at 10:00 P.M., allowing vehicles to park from 10:00 P.M. ‐ 8:00 A.M. in one space without moving their vehicle (total of $6 with the 2‐hour free period between 6:00 – 8:00 A.M.).
- Metered parking from 12:00 A.M. to 11:59 P.M. on Sundays and posted holidays will continue to be free. However, drivers will need to pay for parking beginning at 12:00 A.M. the day after the free day
For a map of current and planned overnight metered parking, as well as program details, see our Overnight Parking Information Sheet (1.4 mb pdf).