Operations is foundational in its support of all the department’s work. The Operations Division provides the services needed to achieve HOST’s goals of providing housing opportunity, housing stability and homelessness resolution by:
• ensuring HOST services and projects are informed by and equitably serve those in need in our community;
• utilizing data, evaluation, and engagement to drive decision-making, public policy an accountability;
• providing strong stewardship of public and private resources to achieve long-term outcomes;
• proactively communicating and engaging with residents and stakeholders to ensure they are informed and empowered as partners; and
• fostering a collaborative and connected work environment.
Through our work in the Operations team, HOST will ensure Denver residents know what our Department does, how it makes a difference, and where to go when they need help. We will engage our community – especially those with lived expertise – so that our residents feel heard and see their feedback reflected in our approach.
As a data-informed organization, HOST will have the tools and data to support progress on our goals and to ensure we do not have racially-disparate outcomes.
We will be a regional leader in policy and a strong advocate for housing and homelessness plans and investment in the Denver metro region and throughout the state.
HOST will improve contract timelines to help partners provide strong services to the community more quickly, and be known as timely and transparent with public information. Denver’s Pay for Performance approach works, and HOST will continue to focus on outcomes rather than outputs in our contracts whenever possible.