Denver Human Services
Pick up a new or replacement EBT card at DHS' new e-lockers! Visit our SNAP page to learn more, or call 720-944-4DHS (4347).
Skip the Trip
Our services and benefits are available in person, by phone and online.
Available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.:
In most instances, we can help you without you needing to come to our building. See how you can "Skip the Trip"(PDF, 421KB) for many common services and transactions. Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information. Se habla español.
Apply for food, cash, medical, or child care assistance online at Colorado.gov/PEAK. Colorado PEAK features an automated customer service help desk, PEAK Chatbot(PDF, 457KB). You can also apply for food or cash assistance and check the current balance of your benefits with the MyCOBenefits app. The app is available for iOS and Android.
We're Here to Support You
Visit our Contact page for a list of frequently asked questions about Denver Human Services.
Building and Service Operations
All of Denver Human Services’ programs are available online or over the phone at 720-944-4DHS (4347). In most instances, we can help you get what you need without you having to come to our buildings.
- Apply for food, cash, medical and child card assistance, and RTD's LiVE transit program, at Colorado.gov/PEAK.
- Do you need rent or eviction support? Looking for mortgage and utility assistance, or property tax relief? Visit our Additional Assistance page.
- Find out how to apply for Child Support, or how to make payments.
- Learn more about making a Child Care Benefit Claim Repayment.
- Learn more about making a Food, Cash or Medicaid Benefit Claim Repayment.
- Need to pick up an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card? Once your application is processed, you can pick up your EBT card at any of our locations. You can also make an appointment for pickup, or we can deliver the card to you via priority mail. Call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information.
- Pick up a paper application, or drop off a completed application at any of our main offices. Find the location nearest you on our contact page.
- Visit our FAQ section for more information on how to obtain DHS records. You can also learn more about making a records request payment.
Locations and Hours
Visit our contact page for a list of all Denver Human Services locations, including Neighborhood Resources Sites that are conveniently located at the Federico F. Peña Southwest Family Health Center, St. Francis Center, Families Forward Resource Center and Rocky Mountain Human Services.
- Welcome Center (2929 W. 10th Ave., Denver, CO 80204)
- Denver Human Services East (3815 Steele St. Denver, CO 80205)
- Arie P. Taylor Municipal Center (4685 Peoria St. Denver, CO 80239)
Our buildings are open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) to make an on-site appointment for Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT). Se habla español.
Denver Human Services (DHS) has created a Civil Rights Plan(PDF, 191KB) (updated October 2023). This plan was developed in collaboration with the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF). You can also download and view the DHS Civil Rights policy and complaint form(PDF, 2MB) (updated July 2023).
Denver Human Services is an equal opportunity provider.