The September e-bike rebate application is now closed. If you’ve already applied for a rebate, your application will be processed within 10 business days. To be notified on release days, please subscribe to our newsletter. The next release date is Monday, October 3 at 8 a.m.
E-bikes are electric bicycles with a motor that gives riders a boost. E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and travel up to 28 m.p.h. When you use an e-bike to get around, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars per year on fuel and maintenance by replacing daily car trips with e-bike rides
- Bike greater distances and across harder terrain
- Set aside worries about arriving sweaty at your destination
- Reduce your carbon footprint while running errands or commuting to work
A limited number of rebates are available each month for e-bike and e-cargo bikes. Denver residents can save up to $1700 on the purchase of an e-bike or e-cargo bike from a participating bike shop.
The next round of rebates will be available on Monday, October 3 at 8 a.m. Rebates will be available, with more than half of the available funding reserved for income-qualified residents. To be notified on application release days, please subscribe to our newsletter.
The applicant must be a resident of Denver, Colorado and 16 years of age or older. Proof of a physical Denver address is required. All documents presented must be dated within one year of application. Examples:
- Colorado Driver's License
- Computer Generated Bill (utility, credit card, doctor, hospital, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Pre-Printed Pay Stub
- First-Class Mail (from a government agency or court)
- Current Homeowner's, Renter's, or Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Mortgage, Lease, or Rental Contract
- Transcript or Report Card from an Accredited School
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- USPS Change Of Address Form (CNL107),
- Individuals who are unable to provide acceptable documents to verify their physical Denver, Colorado address may be eligible to provide alternative documents to meet the requirements
To meet the “Income-Qualified” requirement, the applicant must meet one of the following:
Instant Rebate Amounts
- $400 for all Denver residents, $1,200 for income-qualified residents
- Additional $500 for e-cargo bikes
- Incentive cannot exceed the total purchase price
- One e-bike per person
- All classes of e-bikes (per the State of Colorado's e-bike definition)
- Class 1: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 2: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance regardless of whether the rider is pedaling but ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 3: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 28 m.p.h.
- Must have two or three wheels and fully operable pedals
- The electric motor must be 750 watts or less and cannot be gas-powered
- Full-suspension mountain bikes are excluded from the program
- No minimum or maximum purchase price
E-Cargo Bike Eligibility
E-cargo bicycles must have an extended frame designed to carry additional people or cargo. E-cargo bikes must meet all of the following criteria:
- Designed to carry one or more passengers in addition to the rider OR designed to carry heavier or bulkier loads than a traditional bicycle can carry
- Bike has an extended frame (long tail, long john, Bakfiet or box bike)
- Bike's extended frame has a published cargo load carrying capacity of at least 100 lbs.
To qualify for the e-bike rebate, the e-bike must be purchased new from a participating bike shop for use by the e-bike rebate applicant and not for resale. The e-bike must be purchased on or after the launch of the e-bike Denver Climate Action Rebate program; rebates are not retroactive to past purchases.
In order to participate in Denver’s e-bike rebate program, bike shops are required to have a brick and mortar retail location in Denver that sells qualifying e-bikes and provides on-site sales, service and repair. Bike shops are required to confirm that the name on each e-bike voucher matches the name of each e-bike buyer in-person at the time of purchase.
Are you a bike shop interested in becoming a participating bike shop? Complete the bike shop intake survey.
Participating bike shops:
- The Bicycle Broker, 6190 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- Bike Source, 2628 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Boost Ebikes, 2344 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80120
- Campus Cycles 2102 South Washington Street, Denver, CO 80210
- Crowley Cycles, 2134 Curtis Street, Unit 302, Denver, CO 80205
- Eazy E Bikez, 9373 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215
- eBikes USA, 201 University Blvd Suite 123, Denver, CO 80206
- eForce Bikes, 3871 Tennyson Street, Denver, CO 80212
- Epic Cycles Denver, 5665 North Beeler Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80238
- Elevation Cycles, 821 Ash Street, Denver, CO 80220; 1500 Wynkoop Street, Suite 102, Denver, CO 80202
- Fatte-bikes, 2596 W Barberry Pl, Denver, CO 80204
- Framework Cycles, 3655 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211
- Good Turn Cycles, 1401 Zuni St Unit 101, Denver, CO 80204; 7301 S Santa Fe Dr #342, Littleton, CO 80120
- Hardt Family Cyclery, 10255 E 25th Ave Unit A1, Aurora, CO 80010
- The HUB Bicycles Denver, 3605 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
- Pedego Denver, 575 Lincoln St Unit C, Denver, CO 80203
- Pedego South Denver, 6888 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO 80122
- Rad Power Bikes, 4180 Wynkoop Street, Denver, CO 80216
- REI, 1416 Platte Street, Denver, CO 80202
- Rhythm Cycles, 6409 West 44th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- SloHi Bikes, 3217 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206; 4434 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212
- Wheat Ridge Cyclery, 7085 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033; 12402 C1B West Ken Caryl Avenue, Littleton, CO 80127
- Z Cycle Shop, 1025 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218