Welcome to the Liquor Licensing Division of the Department of Excise and Licenses. Colorado liquor and beer retail licenses are issued by the city and the state licensing authorities.
There is a new form to reissue a license if it has been expired for more than 90 days but less than 180 days. The form is DR-8407(PDF, 171KB).
Documents in Duplicate
All documents should be submitted in duplicate.
- One set for the Department of Excise and Licenses office
- One set is sent to the state of Colorado office.
How to submit an application
There are several ways to submit a new or renewal application to the Department of Excise and Licenses. If renewing, include your business file number.
- All license applications not available online can be submitted by email to EXLSubmit@denvergov.org. When applying, attach all documents to one email. Visit the email application process page for more information.
- You can mail your application with fees to:
City and County of Denver
Department of Excise and Licenses
201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 206
Denver, CO 80202
Make checks payable to: Manager of Finance
3. You can pay fees online or by phone after the application has been submitted. You will receive an invoice and you can pay virtually. Visit the online payment process page for more information.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311.
Learn more about fingerprinting and background checks
Learn more about public hearings
View the schedule of public hearings
This schedule might not be comprehensive, and is only intended to serve as a guide. For more information about liquor and cabaret license hearings in your neighborhood, contact your city councilperson or your registered neighborhood organization.
Liquor Licenses News & Bulletin
Sign up for the latest liquor licenses news and bulletins.
Sign Up Now