Denver residents may dispose of and recycle their household hazardous waste properly through the City's Household Hazardous Waste Program. Residents living in single-family homes or buildings of seven units or less can make an at-home collection appointment once per calendar year. All participants must submit a $15 co-payment at the time of their appointment.
There are three easy ways to schedule a collection appointment:
- Call 1-800-HHW-PKUP (1-800-449-7587)
- Email AtYourDoor@WM.com
- Go to www.wmAtYourDoor.com
Once you make an appointment:
|Before making appointment, please make sure that you qualify. To quality for an appointment, you must have either:
- A minimum of 3 different types of materials listed under the Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste list (household batteries no longer count as one of the 3 minimum types, but still may be included for recycling in the kit).
- A minimum of 25 pounds of any one material listed under the Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste list. * Please note that appointments will not be schedule for only latex paint collection.
| IF YOU ONLY HAVE LATEX PAINT, CLICK HERE.
** Note: Denver residents that reside in multi-family buildings with more than 7 units are not eligible for a door-to-door collection, but may make an appointment to drop off items at the Denver Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Residents using the program will be responsible for a $15 co-payment. Drop-off appointments are limited, so only residents living in buildings with more than 7 units are eligible for drop-off appointments.
- A Collection Kit is shipped so you receive it a few days before your scheduled collection. The Kit includes a bag to contain your materials, instructions, labels and a tie to secure the bag. The collection bag is approximately 50 gallons (30 inches by 36 inches) and is extra thick (6 mil).
- Assemble all your Household Hazardous Waste according to the instructions. Be sure to include the $15 co-payment. Materials without lids, leaking or not labeled will not be accepted. Containers must be 5-gallons or less. The collection bag holds about 10-12 gallons.
- If you have more waste than will fit in the bag and are willing to pay for collection of the excess material, then please call the 1-800-449-7587 hotline to arrange for payment for those additional items.