To film on public property or in parks in the City and County of Denver email the Film/Photography Permit Request
or FAX (720-865-4315) to Special Events and Film Production, at least three (3) business days (72 hours)
prior to the shoot date. Requests that include street and/or lane closures must be received at least five (5) business days, prior to the shoot date.
ALL requests must include the following information:
- date(s) and time(s) of your shoot (e.g. Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
- location(s) of your shoot *
- how much equipment you will be using
- how many people on your shoot
- the nature of your project **
FILM STUDENTS must present a current student ID before a permit is approved.
* If requesting a Denver city or mountain park location, a completed Parks & Recreation Special Event Application, must be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the shoot date.
** If your script or photo shoot depicts violence, the use of guns, drugs, gangs, pyrotechnics, explosives, smoke or use of flammable liquids, include an explanation of their use under the “Nature of the Project,” on the Film/Photography Request Form. The Denver Police Department and/or Fire Department will be notified, and they may require a copy of the script before required permits or approvals can be obtained. If DPD or DFD personnel are required to be on site for your shoot additional charges will apply.