The application period for Fire Systems Technical Specialist (Electronic Technician), Denver Fire Department opens Monday, October 13, 2014, at 9:00 a.m.
Mountain Standard Time.
Registration closes Friday, November 14, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
In order to test for the position of Fire Systems Technical Specialist (Electronic Technician), Denver Fire Department, an application must be completed on-line.
Upon successful completion of your on-line application, details will be given concerning submitting a Supplemental Application and further documentation of your experience and education.
- Age: Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before the date of application.
- Education/Experience: In addition to a high school diploma or a certificate equivalent to a high school diploma (GED), applicants must have a minimum of four (4) years of work experience in electronics.
- Formal education may be substituted for the minimum work experience in electronics as follows: A two-year Associate’s Degree in electronics (or a related field) may be substituted for two (2) years of the work experience. A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Technology (or a related field) may be substituted for four (4) years of the work experience.
- A copy of high school diploma and/or GED certificate and copies of any other certificates and degrees must be submitted with the Supplemental Application. The deadline for receiving the Supplemental Application and any supporting documentation is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 20, 2014.
- Residency: All individuals must reside within the state of Colorado at the time of appointment.
In addition to the Age, Education/Experience and residency requirements noted below, applicants must also meet all of the Minimum Qualifications for Original Appointment as outlined in this Fire Systems Technical Specialist (Electronic Technician) Examination Informational Booklet.