The Denver Welfare Reform Board has the full authority and power to promulgate and adopt any policies, rules or regulations pertaining to the functions, duties and responsibilities of the Denver Human Services related to welfare reform consistent with State and Federal Law. The Welfare Reform Board is tasked specifically with adopting policies, rules, and regulations regarding Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). It is comprised of members selected by the mayor, members of city council, and workforce development and human services personnel.
Date: Second Wednesday of each month
Time: 5.00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Where: Denver Human Services, 1200 Federal Blvd. Conference Room 3110 (please review agenda for up-to-date location information)
Open to the public. Parking available on the roof of the parking garage. Enter the building through the doors on the southeast corner and check in with security on the 1st floor; someone will escort you to the meeting.
Agenda and Public Comments
The agenda is available one or two days before each meeting. If you are a citizen and wish to comment, please arrive at leat 10 minutes before the meeting to sign-up to speak. You will be given three minutes to share your comments with the board at the beginning of the meeting. The public comments session is limited to five speakers based on a first-come, first-served basis.
If the board is considering a policy change, the public is also able to comment about that change before the board votes. To request a copy of the proposed policy change or to receive the agenda, send an email to email@example.com
Date: December 10, 2014
Location: Castro Building Room 3110
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- I. Review and Approval of Minutes from June 11, 2014: Marjorie Lewis (5 min)
- II. General Public Comment: (5 min)
- III. Welfare Reform Board Practices - final voting (5 min)
- IV. Non-TANF County MOE draft policy review: Curt Pesicka, OED (20 min)
- V. CCAP Provider Payment draft policy review: Lori Noble, DHS (20 min)
- VI. CCAP update on implementation of HB14-1317: Andie Garnard, DHS (15 min)
a. Address any public comment and questions regarding November policies:
i. CCAP Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines policy
ii. CCAP Job Search policy
iii. CCAP Post-secondary Education and Training policy
iv. CCAP Provider Paid Absences and Holidays policy
The board will consider agenda suggestions from the public. Please submit those requests in writing by the third Thursday of each month for consideration. A committee is tasked with reviewing those recommendations and making a determination about discussing it at the next meeting.
Current members of the Denver Welfare Reform Board:
- Denise Bryant- OED
- Fran Coleman
- Rachel Contizano- Board Co- Chair
- Elizabeth Horn- Service Provider
- George Brantley, Hope Center
- Bridget Kaminetsky, 9 to 5 Organization
- Robin Kniech- City Council Member
- Marjorie Lewis- Board Chair
- Penny May- Denver Human Service, Executive Director
- Susan Shepherd- City Council Member
Welfare Reform Board – Denver Human Services Staff List