• Vehicle Registration for Military Personnel

    Resident Colorado Military Personnel

    Emissions testIf you are a resident of the City and County of Denver currently serving in-state in the military, simply follow the same registration process outlined for new or used vehicle registration and registration renewals.

    If you are stationed out of state and wish to register a purchased car in Colorado, the easiest way to do so is by calling the Colorado DMV. They will help walk you through specific steps to register your vehicle. You may contact them at (720) 865-4600.

    Non-Residents Stationed in CO

    If you’re an out-of-state military personnel who is actively stationed in Colorado, you may:
      1. Continue to renew your vehicle registration with your home state; or
      2. Register your vehicle in Colorado if you’re going to be in Colorado for an extended period of time following Denver's New Colorado Resident Vehicle Registration procedures.

    Registration Renewal

    Military personnel may choose to renew registration in the state from which they originally registered their vehicle or their current location. 

    Emissions waivers and extensions

    Military personnel who are temporarily out of state, may file for an emission extension. For rules and regulations on how to file and other special circumstances, visit the State of Colorado website.

     Holiday closure notice

    All Denver DMV offices will be CLOSED Monday, March 30, 2015 in observance of Cesar Chavez Day.

    Follow Denver DMV     
    Not registered to vote? Don't forget you can register online at www.govotecolorado.com!