Anyone may submit written comments and/or speak in person on any items that come before the board. These may include proposed map amendments (rezonings) or text amendments to the Denver Zoning Code, and plans.
HOW TO SUBMIT COMMENTS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS
Email comments to the case manager: The name and email address of each case manager are listed under the specific case in the proposed rezonings page, the text amendments page, or the appropriate plan page (see Plans in Progresss). Comments on rezonings may also be sent to email@example.com.
Send comments by mail to:
ATTN: Case manager
Community Planning and Development
201 W. Colfax Avenue, Dept 205
Denver, CO 80202
In your message, please identify the rezoning case, text amendment or plan you are addressing.
WHEN TO SUBMIT COMMENTS
Written comments are welcome throughout the adoption process for all rezonings, amendments or plans.
- Rezonings: Comments may be sent once the rezoning application is posted on the proposed rezonings page and public notice is sent to registered neighborhood organizations.
- Text amendments: Comments on zoning text amendments may be sent once proposed amendments are posted on the text amendments page.
- Plans: Comments on plans may be sent once the plan page has been listed on the Plans in Progress page.
Once the date of a public hearing has been set, there are two time windows for submitting comments for the Planning Board’s review. We encourage anyone wishing to submit a comment to do so as early in the process as possible.
Comment Window #1: OPENS when public notice goes out, CLOSES 5 p.m. 9 days before the public hearing. Comments submitted during this window are included in the staff report that is distributed to Planning Board members and posted online one week before the public hearing. (Note: If the staff report closing deadline lands on a city holiday, deadlines for comments to be included may change. Contact the case manager for information.)
Comment Window #2: OPENS at the end of Comment Window #1, CLOSES 8 a.m. on day of the public hearing. Comments submitted during this window are distributed electronically to Planning Board on a regular basis and by hard copy at the meeting.
Comments submitted after Planning Board public hearing: Comments received after Comment Window #2 or after the Planning Board public hearing are included in all staff reports prepared for subsequent meetings and public hearings on the case, according to the following deadlines:
- Neighborhoods & Planning Committee (NAP): Meetings are held every other Wednesday. Staff reports close for comments the Thursday before the meeting.
- City Council: Meetings are held every Monday. Staff reports close for comments the Thursday before the meeting.
The public is also welcome to speak at the public hearing and/or submit written comments for the record at the public hearing.