FAQ-Other Civil Service Information

Where is the Civil Service Commission located?
The Commission is located on the 7th Floor in the Webb Municipal Building at 201 W. Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80202.  Click here for a map. For driving directions go to Google Maps
I work for another Police Department; can I transfer my retirement into DPD?
The Denver Police Department retirement progam is administered by  State Fire Police Pension Association  plan.  If your current department uses the state plan, you may be able to transfer. If your current department does not follow the state plan, you may be able to buy credits.  Please contact the Police Human Resources for further information at 720-913-6644.

Does sheriff experience counts towards additional pay?
Only actual patrol experience counts.  Detention experience/jail duties does not count toward pay grade advancement.
Where can I find information on the Public Safety Cadet Program?
The Public Safety Cadet Program is through the Manager of Safety’s Office. For specific information on how to become a cadet. Please contact the Public Safety Recruitment Office at (720) 913-3390 or visit the Public Safety Cadet Program website.
How do I apply for other City jobs? 
Openings for other jobs within the City and County of Denver are posted at www.denvergov.org/jobs .